Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yes, Snow in September.

I think that unless you can see the Rockies from your house, Colorado is basically the most pointless place you can live. Without the mountains, Colorado is just- well- Nebraska.

So, I've decided I'm not going to be negative about this. Much easier on the nerves. I just have to buckle down focus on school. Maybe get a job or something. I need to find stuff to do.

My dad and I went up to the mountains yesterday. It was pretty great. It snowed. Actually it was amazing. It was still summer in Boulder and on the drive up it was fall. When we got there it was winter. I realized just how much I hate summer. I missed the smell of winter. That clean, cold smell. I missed how even your chin freezes. How snowflakes get caught in your eyelashes and when you blink, your eyes get cold. I missed the pure, fresh taste of snow. I was so happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME. oh my.

10:41 PM  
Blogger The Invisible Gardener said...

i love fall
it was 85 today
yuck summer heat

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home